Theft Defense Lawyer
I Can Review Your Charges at No Cost: (425) 287-5199
Theft charges encompass a wide variety of crimes, from shoplifting to burglary. If you are being charged with any type of theft in King or Snohomish counties, call Knauss Law Firm and speak with me. No matter how severe or minor your charges, I am prepared to work hard for your future.
Why Choose My Theft Defense Firm?
- Proven advocacy in 1,000s of criminal cases
- Former prosecutor offering award-winning defense
- Avvo Clients' Choice for DUI Defense Attorney 2015
- I work directly with you, one-on-one, throughout your case
From our initial meeting all the way to the conclusion of your case, you will work directly with me. I will never pass your case off to anyone with less experience or knowledge. Your future matters to me and I am willing to do whatever it takes to reach the best possible outcome. Let's get to work immediately on building your unique defense strategy.
Theft charges I defend against include:
- Credit card fraud
- Identity theft
Tell me about your theft charges during a FREE initial consultation.
Theft Penalties in Washington
Theft penalties are often assessed according to the value of the services or goods stolen. In general, the higher the value of the stolen items, the higher the penalties. Other circumstances can also influence your penalties, such as bodily injuries, your role in the act, or whether a weapon was involved or stolen.
Penalties for theft:
- 1st degree theft (over $5,000 in stolen property): 10 years jail, up to $20,000 in fines
- 2nd degree theft (between $750 - $5,000 in stolen property): 5 years jail, up to $10,000 in fines
- 3rd degree theft (less than $750 in stolen property): 1 year jail, up to $5,000 in fines
Turn to a Former Prosecutor for Tough Defense
As an experienced Kirkland theft defense attorney and former prosecutor, I bring my years of insight and unique perspective of the criminal justice system. I am very familiar with the courts, the local judges and prosecutors, as well as how theft cases are handled by the state. You can turn to me for aggressive, effective defense.
Contact Knauss Law Firm if you would like to talk about your theft charges. Also providing defense for clients in Bellevue, Redmond, Renton and Lynnwood.