Discuss with a Former Prosecutor: (425) 287-5199
In Washington, assault charges can range in severity, from misdemeanor charges that do not result in serious bodily injuries to serious felonies that result in bodily harm or involve firearms. No matter how complex your assault case is, I am prepared to put in the hard work to help you reach a favorable outcome. Whether I am negotiating for a reduced charge or defending you in front of a judge and jury, you can count on me to fight for your best interests and provide you with an effective criminal defense.
Turn to Knauss Law Firm for:
- Smart, cutting-edge defense
- Former prosecutorial insight
- Honest and realistic expectations
- High-powered trial advocacy
Schedule a FREE, no-obligation evaluation with me.
If you are being charged with assault in King or Snohomish counties, don't wait to talk to a Kirkland assault defense lawyer at Knauss Law Firm. I personally handle every case from beginning to end. Your case will never be handed off to anyone - not a less experienced attorney, not a paralegal, not a secretary, or a non-attorney.
Classification of Assault Charges
Assault is charged according to the severity of the victim's injuries, whether a deadly weapon was used, whether an individual assaulted with intent, and other factors.
Assault can be charged as:
- First degree assault: If you intended to cause harm to a victim and caused serious bodily injuries death, or if a firearm was used during the crime
- Second degree assault: If you intentionally inflicted bodily harm or used a deadly weapon
- Third degree assault: If you caused bodily harm through criminal negligence (contrasted with intent), or if you assaulted a firefighter, police officer, nurse, or health provider.
- Fourth degree assault: If you committed assault that is not severe enough to fit into 1st through 3rd degree categories of assault.
Explore Your Defense Options with a Seasoned Kirkland Assault Attorney
If you are interested in learning your rights and exploring your defense options at this time, don't hesitate to call me. I can look over the details of your case and provide you with my honest assessments on how we should move forward.
Reach me by calling (425) 287-5199. We also serve clients in Bellevue, Redmond, Renton and Lynnwood.